Broken Oven and Oven Ranges
With the upcoming holidays around the corner, families living in Elmwood Park, Illinois are going to gather to enjoy great food and each other’s company. Hosting your family gathering can be stressful but nothing can make this stress increase like your oven or range breaking, and you have to feed 10-20 people. This is where A Appliance Xperts can help. We can make sure that your oven and range is working perfectly for the upcoming holiday season. We have serviced oven and ranges all over the Elmwood Park-land including Elmwood Park, for over 35 years! We have expert repair technicians ready to look at any make and model of ovens and ranges and can you give you the best options when it comes to repairing your oven and range.
How To Make Your Oven and Range Last Longer
Gas ranges on ovens last for 15 years, so if you haven’t hit that threshold with yours, it is certainly worth a repair instead of replacing it. However, if your oven and range is over 15 years, sometimes a simple repair is easier than replacing the entire unit. If you are looking for ways to make your oven last longer these are some things you might be doing which can shorten the lifespan of your oven:
- Don’t Clean Dials: Newer models of ovens and ranges have electric settings, cleaning these down is no problem. However, if you have a model where temperature settings and range turn-ons are dials, then spraying cleaning solutions in these dials can actually get into the dials electric settings and might cause a short in the switches.
- Moisture on the Door: If you see moisture you probably have a faulty door gasket. The purpose of this s to provide a seal on the door to lock in the temperature.
- Using Your Oven As A Heat Source: Yes, we know as residents of Elmwood Park, that we can have some brutal winters. Some people think that the oven can be used as a Try To Avoid Using Aluminum Foil: Because of the reflective properties of aluminum foil using this to warm up, your food can actually cause the oven to overheat inside.
- Self Cleaning Mode: There is debate among appliance repair experts when it comes to using the Self Cleaning Mode on your oven. Some say it is alright; some say it lowers the life expectancy. When in self-cleaning your oven can get up to temperatures of 800 degrees. If you use this setting use it sparingly or only when it is really necessary.
- heat source instead of their furnace which will save them money. Do not use your oven as a heat source. This will drastically lower the life expectancy.
Oven and Range Repair
How can you tell if your range is not working anymore? There are a few warning signs that you can spot while using your range that can let you know if you need to have your range serviced in Elmwood Park. It is important to remember if you start your gas range and it doesn’t lite, and you smell gas, TURN OFF THE RANGE IMMEDIATELY! Gas leaks that are small might not produce a smell. However, if you smell sulfur or rotten eggs in your home this is a good sign there is a gas leak. If you can, get out of the house with the door and windows open and wait before going back in. If the smell persists, call emergency services to come and help you before going back in the house.
Signs that your range might be broken and need to be serviced:
- Timer Doesn’t Work: If your time doesn’t advance, then there can be something wrong with the internal mechanisms, letting you know that more things are going to fail in the future.
- Your Oven Will Not Program: this is a sign of a faulty control board for your oven.
- Low Heat: If your oven is heating up but is getting too hot, then this could also be a sign of the internal components starting to fail.
- Your Oven will not start – If you turn on your oven or range to pre-heat and the oven isn’t warming up, then this is a sign that your range or oven may need to be worked on.
- The Gas Lighter is Glowing but Not Stating: This could be a sign of a faulty surface ignitor, or safety, or temperature setting.
Oven and Range Repair Elmwood Park
If you think your oven is breaking down, or range isn’t working properly, call us first before you buy a new one. Repairing is cheaper and can make your oven and range work like new again. If you are living in the Elmwood Park, area and are looking for repair services, we have technicians in your area that can serve you today. We continually train our staff to work on all major appliance brands and have been a trusted source of oven and range repair for over 30 years.